“There are only two types of speakers in the world; the nervous and liars”
~ Mark Twain ~
Mark Twain wouldn’t recognise the world that we live in now, but research has shown that his quote hasn’t changed quite as much as we might imagine.
Does the thought of speaking in public fill you with dread? You’re not alone. Studies reveal that 85% of people report feeling a state of high anxiety before and during public speaking and the other 15% would likely fall into the category of a stirring anxiety/nervous anticipation, which the ego might feel a reluctance to admit hence Mr Twain’s description of the ‘liars’!